Bending the Third Rail
Because We Should, We Can, We Do
Tuesday, December 12, 2006
Rehab Watch
Can you believe this guy. Here's Rummy when asked what he would have done different:
I don’t think I would have called it the war on terror. I don’t mean to be critical of those who have. Certainly, I have used the phrase frequently. Why do I say that? Because the word ‘war’ conjures up World War II more than it does the Cold War. It creates a level of expectation of victory and an ending within 30 or 60 minutes of a soap opera. It isn’t going to happen that way. Furthermore, it is not a ‘war on terror.’ Terror is a weapon of choice for extremists who are trying to destabilize regimes and (through) a small group of clerics, impose their dark vision on all the people they can control. So ‘war on terror’ is a problem for me.
For someone who didn't think the phrase was worthwhile he sure used it a lot. He also shaped policy more akin to WWII than the criminal enterprise he implies. The mendacity of this guy is unbelieveable. Hopefully there is a special place in the afterlife for someone this evil.