Bending the Third Rail
Because We Should, We Can, We Do
Monday, September 25, 2006
Hopes?
I'm not sure I want to get them up. But Froomkin today is virtually all about growing resistance to the compromise bill allowing torture. The ever-flexible Arlen Spectre has come out against the loss of Habeaus, but that usually doesn't mean much. However, public opinion might .... a big emphasis on might, slow the bill from passage during this session. In other words, until after the midterms.

Like I said, I'm not getting my hopes up. The administration knows that the clock may be running out on their ability to get a "get out of jail free card", and there's nothing like self-preservation to motivate these guys.

We shall see. Just in case, be sure and let your Senator know how you feel. It only takes a moment, doesn't cost anything and might help.