Bending the Third Rail
Because We Should, We Can, We Do
Wednesday, February 28, 2007
Silliness
That asshole Cheney finally gave an interview to the press during his trip abroad. Interestingly, Cheney insisted that the interview be attributed to a "Senior Administration Official" and that his identity be keep anonymous. Here's a small excerpt of the interview:
SENIOR ADMINISTRATION OFFICIAL: “Let me just make one editorial comment here. I’ve seen some press reporting says, ‘Cheney went in to beat up on them, threaten them.’ That’s not the way I work. I don’t know who writes that, or maybe somebody gets it from some source who doesn’t know what I’m doing, or isn’t involved in it. But the idea that I’d go in and threaten someone is an invalid misreading of the way I do business.

“I would describe my sessions both in Pakistan and Afghanistan as very productive. We’ve had notable successes in both places. I’ve often said before and I believe it’s still true that we’ve captured and killed more al Qaeda in Pakistan than anyplace else. And I think we’re making progress in Afghanistan.”
Ah. Golly gee. Do you think anyone can figure out who that "Senior Administration Official" is? The guy runs this interview like he runs the country.