Bending the Third Rail
Because We Should, We Can, We Do
Monday, February 19, 2007
Can They Possibly Get Worse
The Bush White House is so completely out-to-lunch these days, they even screw up a photo-op:
“‘Are you telling me that I can’t go to the ceremony ’cause I’m an amputee?‘” asked David Thomas, an Iraq war veteran who was awarded a Purple Heart. Thomas was told he could not wear shorts to attend a ceremony with President Bush because the media would be there, and shorts were not advisable because the amputees would be seated in the front row. David responded, “I’m not ashamed of what I did, and y’all shouldn’t be neither.” When the guest list came out for the ceremony, his name was not on it.
If Bush didn't have his head up his ass, he would not only have his picture taken with this guy, but he'd have him to dinner in the family quarters of the White House.