Bending the Third Rail
Because We Should, We Can, We Do
Wednesday, November 22, 2006
Look Out!
I think I would be a wee bit suspicious myself:
The WP and WSJ point out that the Bush administration is telling the incoming Democratic majority it wants to once again talk about Social Security with "no preconditions." Although officials deny it, this offer is leading some to speculate that the White House would be willing to drop the requirement that workers be allowed to put some of their Social Security taxes into private accounts.
Ah huh.

I realize that Dems are going to have to have negotiations with Bush and the Rethugicans. I would just implore the Democrat leadership to be sure and check their pockets coming and going, and to have a phalanx of attorney's go over any agreement with a fine tooth comb.