Bending the Third Rail
Because We Should, We Can, We Do
Thursday, September 14, 2006
Worried Fundies
This is nothing new, but I really do get tired of the nutbar fundamentalist claiming that they're about to lose their religious freedom:
“There are a number of pastors that said, ‘Look, we don’t get involved in politics, I’m not going to get involved in this issue, I just want to preach the gospel,’. When they realize their ability to preach the gospel may very well be at stake, they may reconsider their involvement.”

– Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council.
I realize that much of this is just trying to gin-up the true believers to turn out to vote, but jeez I'm sick of it. And I think (I hope) voters are too and that it's finally getting to be "uncool" to blather this bile.

I'll tell you what. I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is. If there is any fundie who can cite me an example, other than a straw man, of a real person who represents a significant threat to "their ability to preach the gospel", I'll pony up a crisp Franklin.