Bending the Third Rail
Because We Should, We Can, We Do
Thursday, July 20, 2006
A Liberal Is A Conservative That's Been To Jail
Maybe you're against stem cell research. If you are, then don't partake in any treatments that result rather than keeping the rest of us from having access to stem cell research. From Salon:
"I would give anything if I could have had those nine cells to give to have a cure for my baby now," said one antiabortion mother who conceived with IVF, discarded the extra embryos and now has a daughter with diabetes. "And I think the worst sin of all, and I am a very religious person, I am pro-life, is to look a miracle from God in the face and throw it away." According to Reuters, "she is ready to vote against the party in November if President George W. Bush and congressional Republicans limit stem cell research." Let's hope she, and many Americans like her, stay ready.
Need to give this gal Nancy Reagan's phone number.