Bending the Third Rail
Because We Should, We Can, We Do
Wednesday, March 15, 2006
Guts in Action
The Post's Dana Milbank looks at Democrats' quick reaction to their colleague Sen. Russ Feingold's proposal to censure the president over the warrantless spying:
"I haven't read it," demurred Barack Obama (Ill.).

"I just don't have enough information," protested Ben Nelson (Neb.).

"I really can't right now," John Kerry (Mass.)
Be sure and keep those calls and letters going to your Senators ... maybe it will help them to find their backbones.

And Feingold's thoughts?
"I'm amazed at Democrats... cowering with this president's numbers so low."

-- Sen. Russ Feingold (D-WI), quoted by the AP, on not joining him in trying to censure President Bush over domestic spying.
Yep.
2 Comments:
Blogger Lynne said...
I've asked to be removed from Kerry's email list and will do so for all the others I am on. I also told them why.
Spineless bastards. Censure doesn't even really amount to anything. They can't back Feingold on something this simple when Bush has the lowest approval ratings in recent history?
Enough. I have had enough.
"I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!"

Blogger greyhair said...
Ironically, it looks now as if Kerry, Boxer and Harkan are on board with Feingold. Keep up the pressure and who knows who else might join.