Bending the Third Rail
Because We Should, We Can, We Do
Friday, March 09, 2007
I've Been To Rehab!
Here's Jerry Falwell on Newty's recent revelations of infidelity:
I was pleased to hear Mr. Gingrich state: “I’ve gotten on my knees and sought God’s forgiveness.”

He has admitted his moral shortcomings to me, as well, in private conversations. And he has also told me that he has, in recent years, come to grips with his personal failures and sought God’s forgiveness.

I have been very impressed with the spiritual maturity of this man and am convinced that he has been honest and forthright in clarifying his past failings and his quest, as a Christian, for God’s forgiveness.

Mr. Gingrich, now 63 and a grandfather, openly discussed his two divorces with Dr. Dobson, including the affair that took place during the Clinton impeachment proceedings. It is a “very painful topic and I confess that to you directly,” he stated.

As a pastor with more than a half-century of experience of working with fallible people, I have ministered to a few men who have experienced moral collapse. I have usually been able to tell which of these men was genuinely seeking forgiveness for their actions. My sense tells me that Mr. Gingrich is such a man. He is today happily married to wife Callista, and committed to be the husband he should be. [Oh please ...... pardon me while I throw up]

I well remember the challenge we evangelicals faced in 1980 when our candidate, Ronald Reagan, was the first presidential candidate who had gone through a divorce. We wisely made allowance for God’s forgiveness and America was the beneficiary of this historic champion.

Consequently, I decided earlier this week to invite Mr. Gingrich to come to Liberty University on May 19 as our graduation speaker. This will be his second commencement speech at Liberty, previously addressing graduates in 1991.

In recent years, Mr. Gingrich has dedicated much of his time to calling America back to our Christian heritage.

His most recent book, “Rediscovering God in America,” is a brilliant essay that highlights the unique and obvious Christian influence that inspired our nation’s dawning. The book takes readers on a tour of Washington, D.C., inspecting many documents, memorials, friezes and writings of presidents and national leaders who clearly put allegiance to Almighty God at the forefront of the nation’s development.

There has been a war on God in our nation in recent years and the effort to rekindle our national commitment to God is urgently needed.

Mr. Gingrich is certainly one of the brightest men I know in public life today, and he is becoming one of our great ambassadors for reawakening the spirit of our Founders.

In fact, his topic during the May 19 graduation will be, “Rediscovering God in America.” I am already anxious to hear it and am pleased that our young people will hear this modern American statesman.

I’m proud to call Mr. Gingrich my friend and I will continue to pray for him and his family as he contemplates a run for the presidency and as he deals with the coming media scrutiny of his past, present and future.
Can you believe the arrogance of this asshole? "Kiss my ring and buy a little forgiveness". John McCain, who doesn't appear to have the "moral dilemma's" of a Gingrich or a Guiliani must be steaming. And I wonder how Boltin' Joe "I'm shocked at such behavior" Lieberman feels about all this?

As far as Bill Clinton is that all it would take? All Clinton had to do was get on his knees in front of Falwell, kiss his ring, and be blessed? Well of course not. Because Clinton has committed the largest sin of all to the evangelicals .... he's a member of the "other" tribe. And I didn't know Newty had written a "born again" book? Is this guy running for President or what? We can only hope that we'll be so lucky as to have Newt win the GOP nomination.

Seriously, how in god's green earth can anyone take any of the evangelical leaders seriously? These guys are con men and hucksters of the first order who appeal to groups of people who are less than well-put-together. I'm not trying to offend, but for anyone to buy this nonsensical steaming pile of crap has to have a screw loose.

Here's Newty and the latest girlfriend wife girlfriend wife hell I give up, his latest female friend:



She'd better hope she never gets sick .... Newty doesn't do sick.