Bending the Third Rail
Because We Should, We Can, We Do
Thursday, May 04, 2006
Plame Book
Rumor has it that Valerie Plame is shopping around a book for a book deal. No details on what the book is about.

My guess?

It will be a book about her outing, and the consequences for America due to her outing. But most importantly, I suspect it will be a book outlining, in great gory details, the consequences to her, her husband and her children of her outing. It will be full of many details about her loss of income, her loss of reputation, Joe's losses and most importantly, the physical and emotional impact on her kids.

Why?

Because it's part of a campaign to make the ground fertile for the humongous civil suit she will file against Bush, Cheney, Libby, Rove and anyone else shown to have been involved in her outing. As the criminal proceedings haven't completed yet, they can't file a civil suit. But they will. Just watch.

And I hope they win. And win big.
2 Comments:
Blogger mikevotes said...
That's not a bad bet at all. I was looking at it solely through the prism of Rove Libby criminal charges and the advancement of Fitzgerald. And looking at it through that focus, combined with the seeming ego of the Wilson family, I just have a hunch that this book is going to be all about her.

I've never really mustered any sympathy for the Wilsons. I don't know why. My main emotional involvement has been criminal acts by the administration and the National Security effects that has had.

Also, I think I remember the Wilson's have already retained a lawyer for a possible civil suit. I'd be really curious though how a judge would look at this if it's the lawyers idea. Effectively it's borderline jury tampering.

The one bright spot of a civil suit, is that it might shed some more light on what actually went down, but I would bet that if the suit does go forward, after all the National Security stuff, it'll be 2010. So, interesting in a historical sense, but not as pertinent unless Condi Rice is VP and implicated.

Mike

Blogger JGug1 said...
I don't agree that there is only *one* bright spot to a civil suit. My sense of the Plame Wilsons is that they were completely innoncent victims of the vicious and Machiavellian manipulations of the Rovian steered administration. So there are three bright spots. One is the not unimportant revelations of the truth. The second is that these scum, who will stop at neither the destruction of individulals who cross them nor damage to the nation, may finally pay a price for their crimes, much as OJ has. And the third is that the Plame Wilsons may have some revenge. Come to think of it there is yet, another. This hideous distortion of an American presidency may fall in a manner that it so much deserves.
JGug