Bending the Third Rail
Because We Should, We Can, We Do
Thursday, May 25, 2006
The Fat Lady
I'm not the only one who thinks the stock market is running out of steam.

Barry Ritholtz at The Big Picture (in a post entitled, Cue the Fat Lady) is suggesting that any market strength might be a good shorting opportunity (if you're into doing that ..... which I am). I think Barry is pretty close to correct. I'm not sure, but the only area of disagreement might be the timing of those shorting opportunities. I think there's some slight rally room in the fall. But if the stock market rally's in the S&P 500 - 1350/1400 range and you short SPY, I think you'll make money.

But remember this. I'm as stupid as the next amateur and certainly there are many opinions out there about what will happen. That's why it's called a "market".