Bending the Third Rail
Because We Should, We Can, We Do
Wednesday, May 17, 2006
Family Values
I am SO glad I live where I live .... and not is certain other parts of the U.S of A:
"I'm just shocked," Shelltrack said. "I really thought this would all be over, and we could go on with our lives."

Mayor Norman McCourt said starting Wednesday the city will begin trying to evict groups who do not fit into [the town of ] Black Jack’s definition of family, reports CBS affiliate KMOV-TV in St. Louis.

The current ordinance prohibits more than three people from living together unless they are related by "blood, marriage or adoption." The defeated measure would have changed the definition of a family to include unmarried couples with two or more children.
The family in question is a couple who have THREE children. Guess it's time to put them on the streets to promote family values. It's one of those, "we have to destroy it to save it" moments. I'd hate to think what they'll do to gay people with kids. Or how about college kids who share rents? They probably don't have any such thing as "college" there.

(hat tip to FireDogLake)